All the “dark” pictures are from last night. We went to see Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion which was fantastic. Michael thoroughly enjoyed it too, very funny and terrifically acted. Then, a very late dinner at Local360. We might have to come back on my 26th birthday just to eat there again. The food is so vibrant. Maybe because it’s all sourced within 360 miles? Perhaps.
And yes, the below is a bicycle taxi. We took one. I felt very odd, strangely awkward, and incredibly cold, yet exhilarated. It was just as good as any Disneyland ride.
It’s a little scary to type the numbers “25.” I’m officially in my mid-20s.
Thankfully, I’ll always have Michael to make fun of being old. (He turns 30 this year.)Last year, I memorialized a little of what my 23rd year was to me. I’m going to do the same for my 24th year. Everyone’s 24th year is supposed to be lucky in Chinese culture because of the zodiac. I was born in 1987, the year of the Rabbit, and since each zodiac cycle is 12 years, every 12 years it’s the year of the Rabbit and I get a “lucky” year.My 24th year was pretty amazing. (Not in chronological order):
1. I spent my birthday two years in a row in Seattle.
2. I quit my first professional job as an e-discovery litigation consultant…
3. …to travel to India with Michael for a month and…
4. …to start my first year of law school at UC Hastings.
5. jenniferkoman.com was featured as one of WordPress’ Freshly Pressed blogs.
6. My best friend, Kayla, got married and I was a bridesmaid for the first time.
7. I sailed from San Francisco to Napa with my fiance at the helm.
8. Started going to yoga 2 to 3 times a week.
9. We snorkeled in Panama for New Year’s.
10. I got engaged to the love of my life!
More festivities after we landed around 2 p.m. in San Francisco. My parents took me out to eat at Red Crawfish on Larkin. Incredibly delicious down-home, casual Louisianan cuisine. Boiled shrimp and corn and raw oysters. I have been spoiled rotten with birthday presents. Among the highlights – a beautiful miniature pink rose plant from my mother and a brand, new, LAPTOP from Michael. Ridiculous. I feel so fortunate to celebrate the birthday that cements me solidly in my mid-20s with people I love.